Advice and Support

Who can I contact if I have any concerns after taking part?

We hope taking part in our survey will be a positive experience. We know lots of people enjoy taking time out to think about and answer questions about their lives. But if it leaves you worrying about anything that’s happening in your life, there are organisations you can talk to.

The following provide advice on a range of issues:

Citizens Advice ( General issues including benefits, housing, debt, cost of living and consumer issues.

Family Lives ( Advice, information and support on a range of family issues including parenting, school and relationships.

Samaritans ( If you have concerns, worries or are struggling to cope.

SupportLine ( Call 01708 765200 for emotional support with any issue, including relationships, anger, bullying, eating disorders, stress, self-harm, abuse, disability, mental health, depression, anxiety, panic attacks, addictions, debt, phobias, conflict, sexuality, health concerns, homelessness, harassment, loneliness.

Talk to Frank ( Advice on drugs and alcohol.

Drinkline: The national alcohol helpline. Call 0300 123 1110 (weekdays 9am to 8pm, weekends 11am to 4pm).

Helplines Partnership ( Provides a list of organisations that offer information, support or advice via phone, email, text or online.

Fertility Network UK ( Free and impartial support, advice, information and understanding for anyone affected by fertility issues.

Sands ( Confidential emotional support and information for anyone affected by the death of a baby before, during or shortly after birth.

Lullaby Trust ( Dedicated to protecting babies and their families from sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS).

Maternity Action ( Offers advice and information on rights and entitlements throughout pregnancy, maternity leave and return to work.

Refuge ( A national service for women experiencing domestic violence, their family, friends, colleagues and others calling on their behalf.

Respect ( Helpline offering information, advice and support to male victims of domestic violence in heterosexual or same-sex relationships.

National Bullying Helpline ( Support to effectively tackle bullying at work.

GamCare ( Information, advice and support for anyone affected by gambling problems themselves, or know someone who is.

Cruse ( Cruse helps people through one of the most painful times in life with bereavement support and information.

You can also contact the Child of the New Century team at the Centre for Longitudinal Studies who will try to guide you to the most appropriate support available.