What information about me do you want to add?

The information we would like to add is kept in your education, health, work and benefits records, as well as any police and criminal justice records you may have.


Education and training records including information about participation in school, further and higher education, exam results, vocational training and qualifications, after age 16. These records are kept by:

  • In England, the Department for Education.
  • In Wales, the Knowledge and Analytical Services within the Welsh Government.
  • In Scotland, the Education Analytical Services Division of the Scottish Government, the Scottish Funding Council and the Student Awards Agency Scotland.
  • In Northern Ireland, the Department of Education and the Department for the Economy.
  • In all countries, the Higher Education Statistics Agency, the Universities and Colleges Admissions Service (UCAS) and the Student Loans Company.


National Health Service (NHS) records including visits to health services, details of health conditions, medications, treatments and surgery, as well as NHS numbers. These records are managed and maintained by:

  • NHS Digital in England.
  • NHS Wales Informatics Service’s Information Services Division (ISD).
  • Information Services Division (ISD) of NHS National Services Scotland.
  • Health and Social Care (HSC) in Northern Ireland.

Work and benefits

  • Records kept by Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs (HMRC) including information about jobs, earnings, tax, National Insurance and pensions provided through employers.
  • Records kept by the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) (and Northern Ireland Department for Communities, Social Security Agency (SSA)) including information about benefit receipt and participation in employment programmes.

Police and criminal justice

Police and criminal justice records including information about police arrests, official cautions, convictions and sentences. For those above the minimum age of criminal responsibility, these records are held by:

  • The Ministry of Justice in England and Wales.
  • Police Scotland, the Crown Office and Procurator Fiscal Service in Scotland.
  • The Police Service and the Department of Justice in Northern Ireland.